Grade 8 Students, please complete the student survey
What is Link Crew?
- Link Crew is a high school transition program that welcomes grade 9 students and makes them feel comfortable throughout the first year of their high school experience. Built on the belief that students can help students succeed, the program trains mentors from senior classes to be Link Crew Leaders.
- As positive role models, Link Crew Leaders are mentors and student leaders who guide the freshmen to discover what it takes to be successful during the transition to high school and help facilitate freshman success.
- Each crew of 8-10 grade nine students, randomly created, are lead by 2-3 senior mentors.
- At the moment, Stamford is the only high school in DSBN that offers Link Crew.
- To read more about the origins of Link Crew – visit http://www.boomerangproject.com/link/what-link-crew
Link Crew has four components:
- High School Orientation - Link Leaders and freshmen start building the mentor relationship and freshmen receive information about how to be successful in high school
- Academic Follow Ups - Link Leaders support freshman academic success and character development
through structured classroom visits
- Social Follow Ups - Link Leaders and freshmen connect outside the classroom at school sanctioned social
events to increase student engagement, and promote positive school climate
- Leader Initiated Contacts - Link Leaders connect with their freshmen on a more individual basis as needed